Learn & Lather: Candle & Body Scrub Workshop
Is there not a class in session? Click here to be among the first to find out when new class dates are offered.
*** Early bird pricing expires at 5:00 P.M. EST on December 30, 2019
During this small class of twelve or less students, we are adding your love of scented soy wax candles to your self care routine for Valentines Day. You'll make three scented candles and handcraft a body scrub to compliment your relaxation experience all while socializing and enjoying light refreshments.
- Desire to learn
- Willingness to have fun
During this 2-hour workshop, you will learn:
- Science of candle making
- Benefits of body scrubs
- Tools & safety overview
- Select your scent
- Weigh your ingredients
- Make your candle!
- Make your Scrub!
- Q&A Session
- 10% discount on MawAhh products the day of the class
You will receive:
- Hands on instruction & guidance
- Selection of customized body scrub label: 1. Your First Name 2. Girls Day Out 2020 3. Valentines Day 2020
- Recipe & Resource Handout
- MawAhh student gift
- Certificate of completion
- Date: February 1, 2020
- Time: 11:00 A.M.
- Location: Gambrills General Store, 865 Annapolis Rd, Gambrills, MD 21054
*** This location is a local general store with old world charm. They are family owned and sell a variety of items for local farmers and the crowd who loves handcrafted items. You'll typically encounter a barn cat, a dog and/or baby chickens depending on the time of year. Please take this into consideration if you have pet allergies.
About The Instructor:
Sherita Cowell is the owner of MawAhh bath & Body. She has been making skincare products for nine years and has taught students to craft soap since 2012. Most recently she has become an authorized instructor of the SJHP soap making method. Sherita teaches children and adults basic soap making as well as formulation and advanced additive and design techniques during her Learn and Lather classes.
When Sherita is not acting like a mad scientist in her product production space, she is a huge foodie! Her 18 year career as a United States Navy Sailor is front and center these days. Sherita's ultimate joys involve hanging out with her hubby and doggie while sipping a cup of coffee.
- Wear clothing that can take a possible stain or two. Aprons are a welcomed fashion accessory if you own one. All other supplies to include safety equipment will be provided to you.
- Children must be 13 years or older and have a parent present to participate in this class unless otherwise specified in the class description.
- Please do not bring non-student's to class. This includes children and pets. Parents escorting children taking the class are considered students themselves and are encouraged to hangout.
- Cellphones must be on silent or vibrate. Step away from class if you need to take a call.
- Feel free to take pictures during the class. I am not camera shy! But respect the wishes of other students if they should choose to not be on camera.
Students will be asked to sign a liability waiver and photo release on the day of class. The liability waiver is required. The photo release is optional.
- If you need to cancel, submit notification by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 8 days PRIOR to the start of the class. You will receive a class credit good toward use for a future class date within the next year.
- If cancellation is requested between 7 days and 2 days (48 hours) before the start of the class, you will receive a partial credit of $25 to be applied to a future class offering. Cancellation must be submitted in writing to email@example.com
- Transfer your class to another student at least 48 hours before the start of class. E-mail your intentions along with your name and the first and last name of the new student to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you execute a transfer to student who does not show up to class, you will NOT receive a refund or class credit.
- There are no refund options for less the 48 hours before the start of class.
- If you are a no show for a class you will NOT receive a refund or class credit. There are no transfer options for no show.
- If I should have to cancel or reschedule the class for any reason, you reserve the right to receive a full refund.