Learn & Lather: Soap Making Bootcamp
Is there not a class in session? Click here to be among the first to find out when new class dates are offered.
Making your own soap gives you the ability to address skin problems and more easily care for your skin so that it has a healthier appearance. You can customize and control every step of the process.
During these classes of only six students, you'll use skin loving ingredients such as olive oil and butters in learning two different methods of making soap that will nourish your skin. Included in your course of instruction will be an easy NO crockpot!, NO stove top, 10 minute hot process soap making method. You will make and take home your own four-pounds of soap; the equivalent of 16 bars of soap - a retail value of $112!!!
- Day 1: October 5, 2019 at 10:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
- Day 2: October 6, 2019 at 12:00 P.M. - 2:00 P.M.
- Location: Gambrills General Store, 865 Annapolis Rd., Gambrills MD, 20154
This location is a local general store with old world charm. They are family owned and sell a variety of items for local farmers and the crowd who loves handcrafted items. You'll typically encounter a barn cat, a dog and/or baby chickens depending on the time of year. Please take this into consideration if you have pet allergies.
***If you are interested in hosting this class your at own location for a birthday party, ladies night, any other group event, Please send me a note to receive additional details.
- Desire to learn soap making skills
- Willingness to practice to master technique
- Purchase SJHP/SBHP eBook using the link below: https://roseofsharonsoapery.com/collections/ebooks-1/products/ebook-set-includes-sjhp-sbhp-tutorial-and-hot-process-recipes If you already own the book, please e-mail a screen shot of the opening page to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 72 hours before that start of class. You must bring the book to class with you. Failure to have the required book in by the required timeline will result in dis-enrollment from class without a refund.
During this 6-hour bootcamp, you will learn:
- History & science of soap making
- Types of soap making processes
- What's in commercial soap?
- Tools & safety overview
- Weigh your ingredients
- How to plan you soap design
- Ways to color your soaps and selection of at least six colors
- Hands on step by step process to calculate, measure and mix sodium hydroxide (lye)
- Trace and its influence
- Ways to design your soaps using swirls
- How to design the appearance of the top of your soap using texture
- Let's talk about the stick blender
- What about the crock pot?
- Superfat and the benefits
- What if all else fails???
- Make soap!
- Q&A Session
- 10% discount on MawAhh products the day of the class
You will receive:
- Refreshments on Day 1 of Bootcamp
- Hands on instruction & guidance
- Recipe & Resource Handout
- MawAhh student gift
- Certificate of completion
Intermediate Class - $89
Advanced Class - $109
Total - $267
Bootcamp Price - $247
Sherita Cowell is the owner of MawAhh bath & Body. She has been making skincare products for nine years and has taught students to craft soap since 2012. Most recently she has become an authorized instructor of the SJHP soap making method. Sherita teaches children and adults basic soap making as well as formulation and advanced additive and design techniques during her Learn and Lather classes.
Classes are held in comfortable, mostly non-typical class room environments. Students are encouraged to safely explore their crafty alter-ego in a supervised environment so they may have the skills and confidence to make soap on their own at home. Learning this new skill will provide insight to other ways to care for you and your families skin and gives you more info to discern between all options available today.
When Sherita is not acting like a mad scientist in her product production space, she is a huge foodie! Her 18 year career as a United States Navy Sailor is front and center these days. Sherita's ultimate joys involve hanging out with her hubby and doggie while sipping a cup of coffee.
- Wear clothing that can take a possible stain or two. Long selves, pants, and closed toe shoes are required; aprons are a welcomed fashion accessory if you own one. :-) All other supplies to include safety equipment will be provided to you.
- Children must be 13 years or older and have a parent present to participate in this class unless otherwise specified in the class description.
- Please do not bring non-student's to class. This includes children and pets. Parents escorting children taking the class are considered students themselves and are encouraged to hangout.
- Cellphones must be on silent or vibrate. Step away from class if you need to take a call.
- Feel free to take pictures during the class. I am not camera shy! But respect the wishes of other students if they should choose to not be on camera.
- If you need to cancel, submit notification by e-mail to email@example.com at least 8 days PRIOR to the start of the class. You will receive a class credit good toward use for a future class date within the next year.
- If cancellation is requested between 7 days and 2 days (48 hours) before the start of the class, you will receive a partial credit of $25 to be applied to a future class offering. Cancellation must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transfer your class to another student at least 48 hours before the start of class. E-mail your intentions along with your name and the first and last name of the new student to email@example.com.
- If you are a no show for a class you will NOT receive a refund or class credit. There are no transfer options for no show.
- If I should have to cancel or reschedule the class for any reason, you reserve the right to receive a full refund.