Learn & Lather: Advanced Soap Making Class
Is there not a class in session? Click here to be among the first to find out when new class dates are offered.
*** I am an authorized instructor of the SJHP soap making method; Sharon Johnson will not be present for this class.
Making your own soap gives you the ability to address skin problems and more easily care for your skin so that it has a healthier appearance. You can customize and control every step of the process.
During this small class of less ten or less students, learn to make smooth and fluid hot process soap that is ready for use almost immediately. Using the Sharon Johnson Hot Process (SJHP) means NO crockpot! NO stove top! NO four to six weeks of cure time! Maybe you've tired this process in the past and need to perfect it. Or maybe you've never explored hot press soap making. Either way, this 10 minute soap making process will elevate your soap making skills and save you time!
You'll use skin loving ingredients such as olive oil and butters to make soaps that not only nourish your skin but that are also ready for use right away. You'll choose from three options to make and take home a total of 1 1/2 pounds of soap; the equivalent of 6 bars of soap - a retail value of $42!!!
*** Lab tuition includes Beginner, Intermediate, & Advanced classes being held on February 29, 2020 and March 1, 2020..
- Have a desire to advance soap making skills
- We are skipping the basics! You should understand and have experience with cold process soap making. Cold process soap making will not be taught during this class. An option is to participate in Learn & Lather: Soap Making for Beginners as well as Learn & Lather: Intermediate Soap Making or an equivalent cold process soap making class to prepare for this class experience.
- Purchase SJHP/SBHP eBook using the link below: https://roseofsharonsoapery.com/collections/ebooks-1/products/ebook-set-includes-sjhp-sbhp-tutorial-and-hot-process-recipes You must bring the book to class with you. Failure to have the required book in by the required timeline will result in dis-enrollment from class without a refund.
- Willingness to practice and master SJHP techniques
During this 2-hour class, you will learn:
- Tools & safety overview
- Let's talk about the stick blender
- What about the crock pot?
- Let's discuss Sodium Hydroxide (lye)
- Explain superfat and the benefits
- What if all else fails???
- Tips & tricks of the practice
- Q&A session with tips to help you pursue soap making as a hobby or as a business
- 10% discount on MawAhh products the day of the class
You will receive:
- Hands on instruction & guidance
- Recipe & resource Handout
- MawAhh student gift
- Certificate of Completion
- Access to secret Facebook Forum "HP Extreme University" with eBook purchase
- Date: March 1, 2019
- Time: 1:00 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
- Location: Gambrills General Store, 865 Annapolis Rd., Gambrills MD, 20154
This location is a local general store with old world charm. They are family owned and make an effort to remember your name when you come in. They sell a variety of items for local farmers and the crowd who loves handcrafted items. You'll typically encounter a barn cat, a dog and/or baby chickens depending on the time of year. Please take this into consideration if you have pet allergies.
About The Instructor:
Sherita Cowell is the owner of MawAhh bath & Body. She has been making skincare products for nine years and has taught students to craft soap since 2012. Most recently she has become an authorized instructor of the SJHP soap making method. Sherita teaches children and adults basic soap making as well as formulation and advanced additive and design techniques during her Learn and Lather classes.
Classes are held in comfortable, mostly non-typical class room environments. Students are encouraged to safely explore their crafty alter-ego in a supervised environment so they may have the skills and confidence to make soap on their own at home. Learning this new skill will provide insight to other ways to care for you and your families skin and gives you more info to discern between all options available today.
When Sherita is not acting like a mad scientist in her product production space, she is a huge foodie! Her 18 year career as a United States Navy Sailor is front and center these days. Sherita's ultimate joys involve hanging out with her hubby and doggie while sipping a cup of coffee.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older.
- All students must sign a liability waiver.
- Wear clothing that can take a possible stain or two. Long selves, pants, and closed toe shoes are required; aprons are a welcomed fashion accessory if you own one. :-) All other supplies to include safety equipment will be provided to you.
- Please do not bring non-student's to class. This includes children and pets.
- Cellphones must be on silent or vibrate. Step away from class if you need to take a call.
- You will be asked to sig
- Feel free to take pictures during the class. I am not camera shy! But respect the wishes of other students if they should choose to not be on camera.
Students will be asked to sign a liability waiver and photo release on the day of class. The liability waiver is required. The photo release is optional.
- No cancelation with refund is offered for this class. Tuition is forfeited should you cancel.
- Transfer your class to another student at least 7 days before the start of class (July 6th is the last day to execute a transfer). E-mail your intentions along with your name and the first and last name of the new student to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you execute a transfer to a student who does not show up to class, you will NOT receive a refund or class credit.
- If you are a no show for a class you will NOT receive a refund or class credit. There are no transfer options for no show students.
- There are no refund options for less than 7 days before the start of class.
- If I should have to cancel or reschedule the class for any reason, you reserve the right to receive a full refund.