Soap Making for Beginners
One thing is for sure, you'll never run out of natural skin loving soap! :-) Making your own soap gives you the ability to address skin problems and more easily care for your skin so that it has a healthier appearance. You can customize and control every step of the process.
This class is being held via Zoom. After purchase, you will be contacted by the instructor to schedule a class time.
- At least 13 years of age and have a parent present
- Purchase of ingredients (List will be emailed after purchase)
During this 70-minute class, you will learn:
- History & science of soap making
- Types of soap making processes
- What's in commercial soap?
- Tools & safety overview
- Weigh your ingredients
- Make soap!
- Q&A Session
You will receive:
- Hands on instruction & guidance
- Recipe & Resource Handout
- MawAhh student gift
- Certificate of completion via email
- 10% discount on MawAhh products
About The Instructor
Sherita Cowell is the owner of MawAhh bath & Body. She has been making skincare products for nine years and has taught students to craft soap since 2012. Most recently she has become an authorized instructor of the SJHP soap making method. Sherita teaches children and adults basic soap making as well as formulation and advanced additive and design techniques during her Learn and Lather classes.
Students are encouraged to safely explore their crafty alter-ego in a supervised environment so they may have the skills and confidence to make soap on their own at home. Learning this new skill will provide insight to other ways to care for you and your families skin and gives you more info to discern between all options available today.
When Sherita is not acting like a mad scientist in her product production space, she is a huge foodie! Her 18 year career as a United States Navy Sailor is front and center these days. Sherita's ultimate joys involve hanging out with her hubby and doggie while sipping a cup of coffee.
- Wear clothing that can take a possible stain or two. Long selves, pants, and closed toe shoes are required; aprons are a welcomed fashion accessory if you own one. :-)
- Children must be 13 years or older and have a parent present to participate in this class unless otherwise specified in the class description.
- Cellphones must be on silent or vibrate. Step away from class if you need to take a call.
Students will be asked to sign a liability waiver and email it back before the class. The liability waiver is required.
- If you need to cancel, submit notification by e-mail to email@example.com at least 8 days PRIOR to the start of the class. You will receive a class credit good toward use for a future class date within the next year.
- If cancellation is requested between 7 days and 2 days (48 hours) before the start of the class, you will receive a partial credit of $25 to be applied to a future class offering. Cancellation must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transfer your class to another student at least 24 hours before the start of class. E-mail your intentions along with your name and the first and last name of the new student to email@example.com. If you execute a transfer to student who does not show up to class, you will NOT receive a refund or class credit.
- If you are a no show for a class you will NOT receive a refund or class credit. There are no transfer/refund options for no shows. No show for Zoom sessions is 20 minutes after the start of pre-agreed to class time. Classes will start and and end at pre-agreed to time. Late class starts will NOT be accounted for with a later class end time.
- If I should have to cancel or reschedule the class for any reason, you reserve the right to receive a full refund.